Career Services Offers Social Media Training
June 20, 2018
On June 14, Career Services offered a presentation called “Social Media – You Are What You Share” to students during the College Hour. Attendees received tips on how to best use the networking site LinkedIn.
- Post a picture showcasing your most professional self
- Add thorough job descriptions
- Include projects, volunteer experiences and languages
- Grow your network by connecting to people in your industry and following influencers
- Ask for recommendations, and write recommendations for others
The second part of the presentation contained important advice on keeping your social media presence professional.
- Keep ALL of your profile pictures and names on social media clean and professional
- Set social media accounts unrelated to job searching on private
- Stay off your personal social media accounts on your externship/job
- NEVER post confidential information or complain about patients or clients
- Check your spelling and grammar across your social media platforms
- Audit your privacy settings on a monthly basis
For more information about keeping a professional social media presence, please visit the Career Services office on the third floor. You can also follow the Plaza College Careers instagram page @plazacollegecareers.
Join Career Services for its next workshop, “Soft Skills to Help Pay the Bills” on July 12!