Test Anxiety Workshop Prepares Students for Finals
April 11, 2018
On April 3, Sigma Tau Delta and Sigma Kappa Delta joined forces to present a workshop about overcoming test anxiety. Held just in time for final exams, the workshop included advice from professors and administrators about how to improve study time and exam performance. Day and evening workshops featured useful tips.
Suggestions for studying included…
- Dedicate a quiet place for studying without distractions
- Determine your best study times and use them
- Form a study group to keep everyone focused and on point
- Ask for help from the instructor, the ARC, or your peers
- Learn breathing exercises or calming meditation techniques
- Figure out what type of learning style works best for you
Suggestions for test day included…
- Eat healthy, nutritious meals, get enough sleep, and incorporate exercise into your routine
- During computerized examinations, look up from the screen for a few minutes at a time to rest your eyes
- If you are struggling with a question, skip it and go back to it later
- Do not leave any questions blank on exams
- Make that nervous energy work for you in a positive way
Thanks to all of the engaging and informative guest speakers for sharing their strategies: Professor Zerella, Professor Krampf, Dr. Sibblis, Professor Perlish, Professor Butchy, and Dean Howle.
All guest speakers also emphasized the power of positivity and having confidence in your abilities. Good luck to everyone on their final exams!