Over the past few weeks, we’ve been receiving some interesting and exciting emails about what Plaza College
students did over the summer, and if there’s one thing we learned it’s that summer for Plaza
students isn’t just about sleeping in late and going to the beach!
Here are some of the most popular things you and your classmates did over the last couple months:
- Beat the heat by seeing a new flick at the icy cool movie theater! From “Bridesmaids” to “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” Plaza students enjoyed movies from all genres this summer.
- NYC saw the likes of Rhianna, Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow, U2, Tom Ze, and many more in concert this summer. Music is great anytime, anywhere but there’s nothing like a live performance!
- Camp counselors, lifeguards and interns, OH MY! Plaza students sure had some exciting summer jobs this year!
- “I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again….” While some of you kept close to home, some of you were quite the jet-setters this summer! From the Hamptons to Florida, and all across the country, you really did visit some great vacation spots.
- Family reunions and vacations brought together relatives and friends from all over. Isn’t it great to reunite?
- Kids and parents alike enjoyed Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney. Janet Evanovich fans waited in line for the seventeenth book in her Stephanie Plum series, Smokin’ Seventeen. And “Chick Lit” fans delighted over the new Jennifer Weiner novel, Then Came You. This summer really was the time to relax with a good book and nice cool glass of lemonade.
- A weight has finally been lifted from those of who you tackled those pesky “to-do” lists. Cleaning, car maintenance and house chores aren’t exactly the most fun things to do, but boy does it feel good when they’re done!
Did you do anything fun and exciting that you can’t wait to share with someone? Do you have a book or movie review you want to share with your classmates? Any travel tips or vacation recommendations for next summer? Let us know! We’re still taking emails and enjoying reading about your summer vacations, so keep ‘em coming to PlazaCollegeBlog@gmail.com.